MLTCC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MLTCC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
MALAHIDE LAWN TENNIS CLUB DATA POLICY
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Republic of Ireland Data Protection laws, the controller is Malahide Lawn Tennis Club (“MLTCC”)
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
• Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, when you provide information via MLTCC’s club management software or court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
• From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member);
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
• Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es), records of communications and interactions we have had with you), date of birth and playing ability / interests;
• Financial information, (which may include Standing Order details should we offer that payment option);
• Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of MLTCC facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a social event or a coaching course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Administration of MLTCC membership, including:
o informing you about MLTCC policies and rules, court / facilities opening hours;
o taking payment of membership fees;
• Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
• Providing MLTCC members (via a downloadable Excel spreadsheet) with contact details (name, phone numbers, email, membership category) of other members to facilitate team and social match play. This data must not be used for any other purpose by members, for example, but not limited to, making commercial offers, promoting business interests or charitable activities.
• Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis at MLTCC;
• Communication about MLTCC news and activities that we think may be of interest to you;
• Promoting MLTCC events and other tennis related matters
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of MLTCC . Examples of these essential service communications are:
• Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or payment confirmations (as applicable).
• Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can decide not to receive the Newsletter (although we may still use the Newsletter for essential service communications) or other non-essential service communications and can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: Membership Secretary, Malahide Lawn Tennis Club, The Square, Malahide, Co Dublin, K36TD90
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
• Our employees and member volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits and services to which you are entitled.
• Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches, and any provider of membership management services, court booking and website services
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid club membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
• Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
• by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by telephone: 01 8452480
• or by post: Michael Byrne. Data Protection Manager, Malahide Lawn Tennis Club,
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
What we collect
- We may collect the following information:
- Name and club membership details
- Contact information including email address
- International Tennis Number (ITN) information including tournament, league and club results
- Other information relevant to playing the game of tennis
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to support the centralised record keeping in relation to the ITN and the playing of social and/or competitive tennis and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our offerings and services.
We may periodically send information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and feedback.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Issued by the MLTCC Committee in conjunction with Tennis Ireland.